Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What?

Today I received my issue of Fly Fisherman magazine and was excited to see and article about fishing the salmon river. In the article they have side bar about the Douglaston. Check out this quote: "While losing public access is never a good thing, the good news is that the crowds, trash, snagging, poaching, and overall "Tragedy of the Commons" that occurred at this property is a long-distant memory" The article also says that the fees of $45.00 is reasonable. Who writes this crap?

2 comments:

Bear said...

Is this perhaps the same magazine that had full page ads of persons from the area of Columbia county fishing creek that accuse people of trespassing on their property and poaching fish they released.

Coach said...

The "quality" of the sport is always better when the riff-raff, I mean common folk, I really mean the middle class are excluded. Look how good the fishing is on any of the Spring Ridge clubs properties. Just think how good it could be if only the gentry were permitted to fish, hunt, hike, sight see, etc.
I trust that you sense my sarcasm...