Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
ESPN 2 & ESPN HD.
Here's the schedule:
Episode 1: 9am, Sunday, December 27, 2009
Episode 2: 9am, Sunday, January 2, 2010
Episode 3: 9am, Sunday, January 9. 2010
Episode 4: 9am, Sunday, January 16, 2010
Episode 5: 9am, Sunday, January 23, 2010
Episode 6: 9am, Sunday, January 30, 2010
Monday, December 21, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Brought to you by someone who is still trying, Minion Associate, Southern Gent!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
No not that Tom.
This is how they rolled back in the 60's, glad we don't have to go through these laborious preparations.
Good thing we don't need the Welsh Guard to launch, although it would be pretty cool...
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
For the young, up and coming anglers in your life, trout crayons!River Rock patterned scissors would make a nice stocking stuffer.
Your buddy who sherpas your butt down the river on a regular basis could sure use a spare anchor like this one from Hyde.
A super old timey Stanley brand flask for your preferrred warming fluid,
A real Skeleton Key to open the important things in life,
A tiny NATO Survial Kit compass to help you find your way when all else is lost,
A proper floor mat to welcome trespassers to the man-cave,
And finally a sharp pair of gaiters, because sometimes your poo kickers just aren't quite high enough to keep it from seeping in the tops.
Please remember to shop safely, and wisely!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Off to deer camp tomorrow for the opening day Monday ritual of sitting in the rain while waiting for an unfortunate buck to wander by. It really is mostly a ceremony celebrating the outdoors with your best friends and relations. The occasional bonus of a winter's worth of fine venison meals does add to the attraction of the venture. Familiar people in familiar places does warm the heart and reassure that things are still right with the world.
Cheers to all of you donning your finest Pennsylvania Tuxedos for the opener on Monday!
Friday, November 27, 2009
Cloudveil's High Tech Clutch Polo for $30 smackeroos...
Wheatley Green or Blue Anodized Swingleaf Fly boxes for $29.99
Sage's Xi2 9' 10 wt. for $469.95
Abel's Super Series Large Arbor for 5 wt. $349.95
Smith "Headwater" Polarized Glasses $39.95
Chota's STL Plus Wading Boots for $80.95
10% off EVERYTHING Special
Simms Classic Guide Vest for $59.98
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
New England Wood Pellet LLC - Deposit NY Facility
New England Wood Pellet LLC seeks a full-time Sales Representative to oversee all sales activity at its planned state-of-the-art 100,000 ton per year wood pellet manufacturing plant in Deposit, New York.
New England Wood Pellet is the largest distributor and manufacturer of wood pellet fuel in the northeastern U.S., and is growing rapidly.
This is a challenging professional position with advancement opportunity for the right individual. The position will report to the General Manager for Procurement and Sales at the company’s corporate headquarters in Jaffrey NH, and work closely with sales staff located at other company facilities in Jaffrey NH and Schuyler NY. The position will work out of the Deposit plant facility, scheduled to begin construction in November 2009 and to commence operations in late 2010.
• In close coordination with the sales team, develop and implement a sales strategy for the production volume of the Deposit Wood Pellet plant.
• Cultivate, recruit, and support a network of retail dealers in southern NY (including metro NYC and Long Island), PA, NJ, western CT and elsewhere in the mid-Atlantic region, with a strong emphasis on unparalleled customer service
• Negotiate creative sales and marketing and distribution strategies that complement direct retail sales
• Work closely with retailers and our customer service department to address and resolve product quality issues that may arise
• Promote the use of wood pellet fuel through a marketing campaign that may include advertising through mass and electronic media, cooperative marketing with retailers, public presentations, and other creative approaches
• Build and promote bulk wood pellet fuel sales and distribution, in cooperation with New England Wood Pellet’s Propell Energy subsidiary
• Be the principle public relations representative for the Deposit facility, to include involvement in community events, industry promotional activities, public policy development, local/state/regional regulatory affairs, and other activities
• Assist with other responsibilities at the Deposit facility as needed, to potentially include shipping logistics, wood procurement and other tasks as directed by the General Manager
• At least 3 years of proven experience in sales and marketing
• Excellent proven communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent proven interpersonal and negotiating skills
• Proven ability to work cooperatively as a member of a company-wide sales team
• Efficient, focused work habits and ability to be highly productive with minimal day-to-day direct supervision
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, and travel extensively
• 2 or 4 year degree in sales, marketing, communications, business or related degree
• Management and supervisory experience
• Strong personal commitment to and knowledge about renewable biomass thermal energy
• Strong familiarity with the geography of the multi-state region surrounding Deposit
Salary and Benefits
This is a salaried professional position. Starting salary negotiable based on experience. New England Wood Pellet offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, 401K, paid vacation and holidays, and full reimbursement of travel expenses. New England Wood Pellet is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit cover letter, resume, representative writing samples, and contact information for three references to:
Sales Representative Search
New England Wood Pellet LLC
PO Box 532
Jaffrey NH 03452
Application Deadline: November 30, 2009
Please, no phone calls.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Bacon flavored "rolling papers." I assume they are used for rolling your own cigarettes.
A baby riding a bacon winged unicorn!
Baby photo tastfully submitted by Southern Gent, (Associate Minion.)
Rolling papers photo found randomly...
Happy Friday the 13th!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Despite some naysayers aspersions, these boys and girl put the smackdown on some PA upland game this weekend.
Juno looks regal with her fine over-under and essentials bag.
Juno brings Curli a chukkar she has recently caught.
Juno then brings Johno a pheasant she caught.
Juno poses with Curli and the day's catch.
Juno looks on nervously as she poses with John and the day's catch.
Juno is some kinda dog, no?
Saturday, November 7, 2009
and the front yard,
then the basement,
and the guest bedroom,
from inside the front door,
and the great room ceiling,
and even from behind the garge,
this house is taking a LONG, LONG time to build.
This project has "saved" at least 650,000 jobs!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Fly fishing insiders are rumor-mongering that Andy Garcia will direct a new film staring Anthony Hopkins as Ernest Hemingway.
Internet rumors imply that the film is scheduled to be released in 2010. Allegedly titled "Hemingway & Fuentes", the film chronicles Hemingway's Cuba years when he committed to paper, "The Old Man and the Sea", befriended Gregorio Fuentes, and fell in love with his 3rd wife.
Will we see Anthony Hopkins taking game fish on a fly rod, or are they going to hire a stunt fly caster as producers did for "A River Runs Through It"?
Hanibal as Hemingway, we'll see how Mr. Hopkins pulls that off.
The Minions are available for casting lessons!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Adam Maris, yes Roger is his cousin, is quite proud of his brainchild, “like a country club for golf, but for fylfishing.” It is now the largest club in the country, with 63 properties, 152 miles of private waters and 58,000 acres of private land for hunting in
Maris’s buddy Phil Napolitan is the club’s Vice President.
Kreh remarked, “I wish there were more young men like him. If there were I don't think our country would be in the kind of mess it's going to be in."