Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Bacon!

I may be suffering from...
Photo above submitted by an amused Minion Associate.
but MINIONS, why don't we drink pig milk?

Pork is such a natural and essential part of life. It gives us ham and bacon, spam and hot dogs, pork chops and lard. But whereas cows give us so many delicious meat products, they also provide us with dairy. Pigs are mammals too aren't they? They lactate, don't they? Why don't we harvest it?

Does bacon milk taste bad? It is toxic? Is it simply unattractive, perhaps an opalescent brown-green that blinds all to its delicious flavor?

Is it hard to milk a porker? Curli, please chime in here whenever you think it is appropriate. Do they produce enough milk to make it worthwhile? Is it too viscous or thin to be of any industrial or domestic use?

Can you make cheese from bacon milk? Or yogurt? Or butter? Can you cook with it? Make pasta sauce, or use the cream in fancy coffee drinks?

As you can see, I have lot of questions about pork's dairy potential. It's a topic I don't know anything about. But I want to, because I'm sure that there's a good reason for the way things are, and I'm quite curious.

To help you appreciate the good side of this potential idea, I offer the following images of bacon's awesomeness.
Alovely piece of bacon worship body artistry.

A soul warming shawl.
And finally, a beatiful tiara crowning our princess.
Happy Friday!




2 comments:

stew said...

A bacon shaw, I believe that is on our registery.

Coach said...

Don't count on it!