Monday, March 30, 2009

Fishing Report for 03/28 & 03/29

Spring Creek 03/28/09

After getting up on Saturday and noticing the overcast sky, I decide to head up to State College to fish Spring Creek. I arrived streamside at the handicap access around 11:00 am. To my delight the Olives were hatching and the fish were rising. To my chagrin, the fish were rather picky about the flies they chose to take. After an hour of frantic casting and even more frantic fly change I arrived at a floating nymph pattern that the trout ate like crack. After multiple misses I finally managed to land six trout and miss almost three times as many. The nicest one being 16".

Tulpehocken Creek 03/29/09

After the orgy of rising fishing the day before, I head to my home waters outside of Reading. I met John (aka Slumpbuster) on stream. After two hours of fishing we managed to land zero trout.

1 comment:

stew said...

It's the negative attitude Curli.